Wednesday 7 March 2012


1ST MARCH 2012

EMERGENCY WARD 10.
Two days on and I am lying on my back with needles and things being poked in to me to create a drain for the fluid on my lungs. This will help to clear draw it out. The job is expertly done with immense care and precision by this team of people who are superb. Just like so many of the Professionals in our National Health Care Service. The impressive CT scan is whirring away while they find the right spots in my back to insert the needles using its imaging. With all this technology I feel like I am on a Star Trek set and the future is now. I have a form of pneumonia and this procedure will clear it out and stop the pain- and be worth it in the end the nurse assures me – the pain for the next two days doesn’t back that up. I don’t do pain. Painkillers galore help keep me from being a blubbering wreck.

No comments:

Post a Comment