Sunday 3 March 2013


29th JANUARY 2013 - LINCOLN (CINEMA)

I felt the story of a family and a certain intimacy in the White House of old. While doing important business of State your son walks in and wants to play. Then it’s back to freeing the slaves and winning the Civil War.
The mammoth task of creating a free, fair, civil and just society came down to wheeling and dealing – getting someone’s’ vote in return for… and then when I open my eyes on today I see nothing has changed. I wasn’t convinced Lincoln was that concerned about the slaves but that maybe he saw the future and what would be needed for the country to grow and heal once the war was won.
The film was swimming with brilliant acting from all involved in creating strong, humorous and believable characters. You can be nominated for an Oscar but to look great you need others around you who also aim for their best. Just like in the storyline of the film.
These films and experience inspire me to think broader and higher. Look at my game.

Ask myself –what do I stand for? 

What do I believe?

How have these events influenced how I am?
And to imagine, then act on what’s next……

No comments:

Post a Comment