Tuesday 3 November 2015

LOSING CONTROL - 3RD NOVEMBER 2015

It was a good day and there was lots of control and not much in there that showed me disruption in the way the event was organised, managed and presented. I had good chats with the organisers about this but none of the presenters and speakers reflected me as a black man and a member of the audience. I was told they chose the best speakers and not by colour. Which is good. By that definition the event reinforces the staus quo. Which maintains control and does not disrupt.
I know many non-white and diverse faces that can speak well and through their work disrupt. Bert Williams, M.B.E. of the Black History Project; Mosaic - working with black and mixed parentage families; Allsorts LGBTQ Youth Group; The Black Minority and Ethnic Community Partnership(BMECP); Sussex University - all based in Brighton.
I want to see more variety next year.K

No comments:

Post a Comment